The Restoration and Renovation
of a 1926 “Kit House”
This home was built by a Methodist
Book Publishing Company in 1926 as part of a planned neighborhood for housing their workers.
The land, formerly a working farm, was owned and developed by Lyman French, who in addition to the family farm, the
publishing and the land development businesses, was also, apparently, mayor of the town at the time. The home he lived in is two doors down and across the street from this site, and the street itself is named
We've been restoring the
house since 1998, and have added an addition in the summer of 2005 to gain a third bedroom. This website documents